We are pleased to announce you can now preview any type of document without the need to download or install any browser plugin. Here is how it works:
- A user visiting the main Documents list will see a "Preview" link in the right-most column of each row.
- This link will not be present in the following cases:
- The user does not have at least "View" permissions for the document
- The users' groups do not have at least "View" permissions for the document
- The document type is not compatible with the preview tool
- The document has no "approved" version to display
- If the user has "View" permissions they will be able to View and Search the document.
- If the user has "Read" permissions they will be able to View, Search, Print, and Download the document.
- If the user has "Write" or "Admin" permissions they will be able to View, Search, Print, Download, E-Sign, and Redact the document.
The E-Sign and Redact functionality allow you to apply these items in the document preview window and then download the edited document. These functions do not save the new changes to our system. You would need to use the recently downloaded version and upload that file as a new revision to your document.